Thursday, January 28, 2010

Imposing on you my musical taste

I'm really feeling the need to share classical music with what amounts to the entire world. So I'll start with you lovely ones. These are all worth listening to, more than once.

1. Ein Deutsches Requiem, Brahms
Quite possibly the most beautiful requiem ever written. If Brahms weren't dead, I would be in love with him.

2. Fantasia in C minor, Beethoven
This was composed before his 9th symphony, and served as an inspiration for said symphony. I prefer this to the actual symphony.

3. Paganini Etude no. 3 "La campanella", Liszt
In my top 5 pieces for solo piano.

4. Piano Sonata in b minor, Shostakovich
As a contemporary composer, he can sometimes be an acquired taste. But this is one of my favorite pieces of all time. Ever.

5. Anything by Piazzolla. He is my composer of the moment. If you don't listen to anything else, listen to him. He was a Latin American composer. Everything he wrote was gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment